The Dedicated product offers a variety of deployment options of the Appen Data Annotation Platform. Depending on your company’s preferences you can choose to install in the cloud or on your own servers as well as within a private air-gapped or non-air-gapped network. The solution allows you to have full control over all data and access in your Dedicated deployment thereby offering the most secure solution for your data labeling needs.
If you are interested in receiving a demo of our Dedicated product, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Figure 1: Data flow diagram of the Dedicated product.
*The internal crowd can either be your own internal annotation team or one of Appen's managed, secure crowds.
What features are provided in Dedicated?
The Dedicated product generally follows the roadmap of our Data Annotation Platform with quarterly releases and includes the following Dedicated-exclusive features:
- Installation & Upgrade: Containerized application with Kubernetes and Docker clusters delivers consistency, ease of deployment, and streamlined upgrades.
- System Administration: System administrators have tools for monitoring, log management, backup, and restore. Appen Dedicated supports Kubernetes auto-scaling and has High Availability (HA) configuration.
- Security: Best-in-class data encryption and security features, with support for customer-specifiable certificates and early vulnerability detection and patching.
- User Management: Manage multiple teams and user permissions for requestors (users who build jobs) as well as crowd access through Hosted Channels.
- Leaderboard: Built-in gamification features using leaderboards serve to motivate your crowd through incentives that can be disabled upon request.
Container and Orchestration
- Virtual Machine
Base Operating System
Minimum Apps Server Requirements
- Master: 16 cores and 64 GB of RAM (minimum 1 master, non-HA)
- Nodes: 16 cores per node (minimum), 32GB memory per node (minimum 3 nodes)