Note: This video tutorial displays a previous version of the Appen job user interface and may look slightly different than your current job page. Regardless, the functionality of buttons and links on the interface should remain the same. Click here to learn more about our updated navigation.
- This lesson is centered around building a user interface to allow contributors to interact and enrich your data.
- Using the column header mapper allows you to easily match the column headers from your source data to the column headers that are already built into the job template.
- The Graphical Editor allows you to create or modify a job - Title, Instructions, Insert Data, and generate Form Questions without typing any code.
Steps to Complete:
- Click on ‘Next: Design Your Job’
- Map the column headers ‘tweet_url’ and ‘tweet_content’ to the column headers in the template
- Update the job title to Sentiment Analysis
- Update the first question by replacing ‘MLB trade rumors’ with ‘American Airlines’
- Add a multiple choice question ‘Is there an airport code mentioned in the tweet?’
- Add a textbox (single line)’ that asks, ‘Enter the Airport Code:’
- Add ‘logic’ so that the text box only appears if the ‘airport_code’ question is answered ‘yes’.
- Add an ‘alpha’ validator to the textbox
- Add ‘uppercase’ and ‘no whitespace’ clean outputs to the textbox