To ensure that your data will successfully upload to the platform, it's a best practice to upload a UTF-8 encoded CSV. Microsoft Excel does not easily allow you to save with UTF-8 encoding but this article describes how to save your dataset properly using LibreOffice* or Google Docs. If you work in TSV, please apply the same practices but change your separator.
- Row 1 is your column header for the subsequent rows.
- All columns must have a valid column header with alphanumeric characters in order to upload successfully.
Fig. 1: Column Headers shown in Row 1
- File – Save As
Fig. 2: Save As
- File type: Text CSV (.csv)
- Enable “Edit filter settings”
- Click Save
Fig. 3: File Type, Edit Filter Settings, Save
- Confirm File Format by clicking "Use Text CSV Format"
Fig. 4: Confirm File (CSV) Format
- Select Character set - “Unicode (UTF-8)”
- Click OK
Fig. 5: UTF-8 Selection
That's it! Once your data is saved as a UTF-8 encoded CSV with valid column headers for each column, you can upload the data to your job in the Upload Data page.